Minister of Outreach, Communication and DiscipleshipCloses Monday, July 23rd
The Minister of Outreach, Communication and Discipleship (OCD) works with
the senior pastor and senior leadership of the church to carry out the ministries
of Gresham United Methodist Church.
This is a three-quarter time, exempt, salary position with the expectations
of 30 hours per week.
Reports To: Senior Pastor
- Person of faith that exhibits a Christian life
- High ability to work with and encourage people
- Ability to lead, support and create programs
- Experience with web management, social media apps and organizational branding
- Experience with publishing software programs preferred
- Ability to work as part of a team in a highly functional environment
Working with the senior pastor, the OCD Minister is responsible for the overall outreach ministries of the church.
Gresham UMC has a number of well-developed programs run by highly competent people. The OCD minister
will be the staff liaison to a number of programs providing encouragement and guidance when needed.
Create new programs to respond to the changing needs of a 21st Century church.
Organize, support and perhaps lead discipleship groups and programs that strengthen the spiritual lives of the Gresham UMC community.
Create and Maintain all social media, print media and web page materials.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and/or sit.