HISTORYMethodists have been at work in the Powell Valley area since 1853 when a church and Sunday School were organized in Fairview. The Powell's Valley circuit in 1877 included Orient, Fairview, Cedar, Columbia chapel, Union, Pleasant Valley and Powell's Valley. Rev. F. Elliot, the pastor, reported that he had preached 39 times and made 90 pastoral visits. To accomplish this, he had traveled about 500 miles on horseback and on foot.
In 1902, property was acquired at the intersection of Powell Valley Road and Damascus Road (now, Roberts Avenue). A number of church buildings & parsonages were built at that location until the property was sold and the church relocated to its present address at NW 8th & Norman in 1958.