“Learn to Lead: Preparing You to Lead Small Groups” event that is being led by Reverend Anne Robertson, speaker at Massachusetts Bible Society. Anne has received the Wilbur C. Ziegler Award for Excellence in Preaching. She is also the author of the popular bible study series, “Exploring the Bible: The Dickinson Series” as well as three other books.
“Exploring the Bible: The Dickinson Series” is a proven Bible study system that even those who know little about the Bible can learn to lead. Churches know that small groups are key to spiritual formation and vitality in their congregations. Yet many are floundering for lack of small group leadership, especially when it comes to leading Bible studies.
Anne goes beyond just introducing you to the material. In this six-hour workshop, you will:
- Learn the basics of leading any small group.
- Build confidence in leading a Bible study.
- Understand the difference between teaching and facilitating.
- Learn how to use Exploring the Bible: The Dickinson Series*
- Practice the skills you have learned.
- Receive tips on recruiting your first group, even if you are in a small, rural church.
- Learn how to structure your group for success.
- Network with others who are learning to lead.
- Discuss ways to overcome the challenges of difficult personalities and group conflict.
*All workshop participants receive a free copy of both the student book and leader's guide for What Is the Bible? (The first course of Exploring the Bible: The Dickinson Series)
The cost is $25.00 which includes materials and lunch (lunch with preregistration).
To register, please call Gresham United Methodist Church office at 503-665-1192.